About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

9.16.2011

Your spot is reserved...

I'm SO excited about my newest online adventure.  I've teamed up with one of my favorite women (you know, I am one of her million closest friends) to help learn a little bit more about me.  I want to live my best life and I want to work on being best me I can be.  I *think* I can work on this goal by being conscious about the decisions I make, the people I interact with, the way I approach a problem and the way I feel about happiness; however, why not get a little nudge from the woman who does it so well?

I have signed up for Oprah's Lifeclass.  Yes, it's true and I'm not afraid to say it loud and clear! I will be following the online part only since my cable provider (who just restored our cable/internet after 3 weeks with no service....) doesn't give us the pleasure of OWN.   Here is the plan in her words: "It's my goal in life to keep raising the bar, fulfilling my highest, truest expression as a human being.  I believe it's what we're all ultimately searching for..."

Yes!! I really can't say what it is I've been "searching" for this past year or so.  My heart and mind is telling me that I have a purpose, something to give and that I need to learn more about myself in order to give more of myself.  It's not about Oprah, it's not about being hokey, it's about my desire to live my best life and learn to express my thoughts, goals and ideas a little bit better.


Happy Weekend!! 

I'm going to an outdoor yoga class, spending time with friends, visiting the Armenian food festival (for the 2nd night in a row...it's so good!), taking Charlie to a fundraiser with the organization where we adopted him (I thought they'd have fun seeing how much he's grown!), and then greeting my man on Sunday when he gets back from his golfing weekend!



3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you've officially joined my blog! Are you in Richmond too? How fun! This weather is awful today, totally trying to sweet talk my husband into making me those cupcakes :) I'm trying to plan a Richmond bloggers coffee meet up for sometime this fall so I'll keep you posted on details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Oprah's lifeclass but it sounds neat!
    And what kind of food is Armenian? I went to a Greek Festival last night...that was some good food and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about the Oprah class in my O magazine and thought...why not?! Armenian food is very similar to Greek food (those delish kabobs, green beans with tomatoes, pilaf, baklava..yummm!). I'm glad the Greek festival was fun! Nothing like good fun, greek dancing and food :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!