About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

9.13.2011

A day at the outlets...

Tis the season! Summer is rolling into fall, being outside is perfectly pleasant, my first fall sweater has been purchased and our pine tree is dropping needles like crazy (whhhhy do we have a pine tree in our yard!?!).  With my sister back in town, our family is together again and we have been spending a lot of time together making dinners, chatting, seeing movies, reconnecting.  It's made this fall special, stand-out and will be one I'll remember for a long time.

Last week, after the dripping wet ground started drying out, the girls took a trip to the outlets.  I need to  go to these outlets more often (and make more money...)! They have everything I could ever want in retail land - I even found a pair of tall pants in the Banana outlet. Halleluiah!  Then I found out they didn't have my size. sigh. 

Ok - side rant. I take you now to the real Banana Republic as I was in search for a similar pair of khaki pants I found at the outlets. I tried on a fabulous pair that I was ready to buy.  Everything in the store was 40% off.  Pants were found, sale in store, need to order a tall...simple.  

"I would like to order these pants in tall, please.  Can I do that at the register?"

"No.  We cannot order them here.   You have to order them at home."

"Do I have to pay shipping?" Side eyed glance from the worker bee..."Um, yes"

"Will I get 40% on the pants if I order the EXACT same pair you have here in MY size?"

"No. Online is different." 

UGH! My lengthy limbs were being discriminated against! Not only could I not order the pants in the store but I had to go home, find them myself and pay 40% more than I would have in the store.  Whhhat?!? The end of the story? Well, they didn't even have my tall size online that was indeed 40% more...so I ended up with nothing. 

Ok, side rant over.  We all had a blast at the outlets.  We each got a new bag that we love.  My mom and I even purchased the same Dooney & Bourke bag (in different colors or course!) that is big, navy, leather and perfect.  Kel also got this adorable Kate Spade bag with blue polka dots inside which we stalked in the store 3 separate times before succumbing to the purchase.  I even tried on these amazing ankle boot shoes from Cole Haan that I loved and thought about for a mere few hours after I left them alone back in the store...:( 

We also got a good laugh/cry (me crying at the loss, us laughing at the find) as we took a side 25 minutes looking for my lost glasses which were decidedly lost after we retraced our every step.  We had even started to the drive to guest services to report the loss (sad..) when we all shrieked and pointed as my sweet little glasses were seen staring up at us on a park bench waiting to be found :)  

We stayed at the outlets ALL day...literally breakfast to dinner.  I need to start planning my next trip - those ankle boots are waiting for me :) All in all our outlet day a huge success!


**Side note: I just finished my first anatomy class and am starting right back up with the second one.  I feel accomplished - I did it! I took the class, did well and feel a sigh of relief that maybe, just maybe, I can venture into the medical field. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages and comments!