About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

9.17.2011

Morning Yoga

Have y'all ever bought a Living Social Adventure deal? I was skeptical but recently jumped on the bandwagon and bought an outdoor yoga class and catered Whole Foods lunch.  I went this morning with a friend and was happily surprised by the quality of everything. We were greeted with bottles of water, friendly staff, sunglasses for a sunny day (planned for a sunny day...not this chilly, overcast morning), and a large grassy area overlooking the James River.

The yoga instructor catered to everyone's personal yoga needs - helping those who were brand new and giving challenges to those with more experience (I fall somewhere in the middle. I can do most things but still have just the worst balance!).  There were 80 or so people spread out on the lawn and yet it felt like you were in a small studio. Who would have thought Living Social was so good!? After the yoga class, they had set out coffee, muffins, hummus, fruit, cheese and pastries for us to enjoy on our yoga mats :)

I went with a friend whom I haven't seen in awhile. She is one of those friends that just makes my heart smile when we are together.  We've been friends forever and have seen each other through so much.  Even when we go a long time without seeing one another, we can easily pick right back up without missing a beat.

This cold and damp day hasn't been so dreary after all :)

I also just signed up (I seem to be doing a lot of "signing up" lately...it's fun!) for a blogging workshop.  I am trying to get more involved with my blog...did you notice the face lift?! I enjoy connecting with other people through their blogs and love writing on my own. Small Notebook is a great blog that is hosting a Simple Blogging Workshop.  Hopefully I'll learn a little bit more about how this fun blogging world works...

Have a fabulous Saturday! Off to try one of these Pumpkin Spice drinks I keep hearing everyone rave about :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages and comments!