About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

9.22.2011

Pillow talk

So excited for some new readers!! I am so glad to have you here at Sweet City Love!

We were graciously given two club chairs that are slipcovered in a white damask with a pink braided rope trim. I do think at one time the pink trim was red but thankfully sun fade worked in our favor!  They fit perfectly in our den and we really like their size.  One day I'll probably replace the entire slipcover, but for now I am just looking to spruce them up with new pillow covers!  

Here are the chairs (grainy iPad photo...sorry!):




Pillows can be so expensive!! I tend to flock to Pottery Barn for pillows because I love their colors and they tend to work really well with the colors in our house.  Plus, I can try them without having to pay for shipping and then return them if I don't love.  

However, I'm not looking to pay $40 each for a pillow slipcover this time around.  I can't sew so I set off looking for someone who can :) I found this great Etsy shop called The Lacey Placey and she sells pillow covers in fabrics I love!  

To set the stage, our den is a soft blueish color and is connected to our living room that is a shade of buttercream.

Here are my ideas:


I'm leaning towards the navy but also think the black would look great.  The pink and the chair trim might be a little too much...but I LOVE the chevron!



After perusing Lacey Placey for awhile, I now want new pillow slipcovers for our sofa as well!! It's a quick $15 makeover and might be nice to have a new palate for Fall.  I'm loving the grey and yellow! Thoughts on the colors?? 
Ohh, maybe I can work the chevron in on my sofa...yes!

Some inspiration:





Design makes me nervous! Following "trends" makes me even more nervous.  I tend to get incredibly indecisive when it comes to making a final design decision! I must get a second opinion, then I typically walk away, hem and haw and then only buy what I love and hope it works.  French country, soft colors, simplicity. I think that's my style...but is it ok to not really know?!

Keeping it really simple: I want my home to be inviting, to feel lived in and loved.  

Now it's time to choose a few new pillows...


2 comments:

  1. I love the navy pillow, but also am loving the mustard yellow and grey combinations! very cute selections!

    everydayaem.blogspot.com

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new follower! I love the header of your blog, too cute! Decorating can be very expensive, but I just can't stop loving to decorate haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!