About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

7.21.2011

Switcheroo!

After spending most of this morning in my apartment (...i mean bed) reading my favorite travel blog I've ever stumbled upon, I can now thank my iPad for holding me hostage and keeping me from my studies.  Bah!  I LOVE the blog The Everywhereist and feel it's now taken a hold on me.  I want to write like this.  While trying to keep track of our travels, I lose focus.  Who am I writing for? The 3 people reading this (thanks mom & dad!) or for C and I? When I was the awkward age of 10, I was so good at keeping a journal.  I even wrote down all my dreams (literal dreams...not plans for my future) and honest to god I feel like I remember them when I go back and unlock my journal from it's secret hiding place.  That's how I want to write.  Capture the big and little stories, the feelings, the laughs and the kick me in the a** frustrations.

Life, and certainly travel, is not one big glass of lemonade.  Sometimes it is, but sometimes it's a sour and slightly moldy lemon.  It's what you do with the lemons that makes for a memory.

How can I create memories in the New York Public Library?? Well, while sitting in my small cubicle for day after day, I've realized that this is MUCH better than being in our apartment.  Here, I have people to watch, stories to create in my mind and beige (not white!) walls to distract me.  I've noticed that many people seem to be flipping through tomes or studying for the Bar.  One library patron is clearly over 60 and is doing Bar review...did he really just finish law school? A mystery that will only leave me with unwanted conversation with the said gentelman, bah humbug.  I've also learned, and seen, that others find underwear completely unnecessary - don't ask how I know.  Everyone is going about their day, all wanting a little company while they do their solo work, and all while under the watchful eye of the......

...reading room guard!!!!  BEWARE! He is after nappers and snacks! I have to be on high alert to quickly hide my granola and figi water (a rebel...gasp!) or it will be snatched away by the patrolman.  I see him in the distance now, looking for his next victim.  Brewhahaha!

So, here I sit, exhausted, unmotivated and dreading these TWO exams tomorrow, yet feeling inspired and motivated by what I feel will make me a better writer and this blog more "me".

Side note - I am regretfully poor at taking pictures.  I try and try and want to snap everyday moments.  However, either the camera gets left in the black hole that is my bag or I feel weird taking a picture of my food.  So here is someone else's image that leaves me smiling and one that makes me laugh.  Enjoy!

My goodness, I love corgis!

HAH!

1 comment:

  1. Well I think YOU are my favorite travel blogger now. Keep it up, your words make me smile:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!