About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

8.01.2011

it's over...no!

With my water and Annie's cheddar bunnies (delightful snack) and a itunes playlist full of Lionel Richie, I was ready to blog my first of many from our trip to Napa Valley.  First flaw, my pictures from the trip aren't on this computer.  Rats.  So, for now, I'll just chatter on without any of the 800 fabulous pictures that we took :)

I decided that even though there was internet at our resort, I would not blog anything last week.  I was disconnected and loved very minute of it! In a prettier picture, I didn't want to be tied to my phone or computer because I was (of course) sipping wines, dining al fresco and laying by the pool.  Rough life, I know.  Since I have no pictures right now, I'm going to start with this cute picture of Charlie and me playing at the river:



C and I have such a different, indescribable feeling after returning home from Napa. We have visited some pretty amazing places and seen so many beautiful things.  We are so grateful for these experiences and that we are able to do them together.  This post-vacation feels different. Last night, we just looked at each other, unable to do anything else (jetlag might have played a teeny weeny part).  At one point, we stood frozen still inside Whole Foods while the world zipped beside us, decided we really didn't want to be there and left empty-handed.  We were walking in a steamy fog.  What happened to the exciting buzz that ends a vacation?! That desire to want to share every picture with anyone who will look and tell stories that only make your travel parter laugh - what happened to it?? We are decidedly in a post vacation slump.  We desperately miss the rolling hills of vineyards, the fabulous food, the great company, the banana bread pudding at breakfast! After a vacation is sadly over, and you are on the plane coming home, home is exactly what you want.  We returned to a dingy apartment, a $55 cab ride and a drunk man yelling obscenities.  Ok, I don't mean to sound glum.  We are glad to be back for these last few weeks, we just miss our house, our yard and our sweet puppy.  The Napa carpet was ripped from under our feet and we were under prepared!

The week was memorable to say the least.  We were spoiled and felt blessed to have been loved so much.  How do you say thank you for such graciousness when thank you doesn't seem like enough? Once I get the pictures, I'll share the wine, the dinners, the laughter.  I hope posting about each experience will help me to trap those memories for a lifetime, so that they don't dwindle with time.  We were so happy last week it hurt.  We jumped like little kids in our room several times out of sheer giddiness over the experiences we were granted.  We were and are so very thankful.

More to come... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages and comments!