About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

7.09.2011

Lan Sheng

First...NYC lingo tip #1: 
We were corrected by friends over dinner last night that Greenwich is a town in Connecticut. “The Village" is how you refer to Greenwich Village here in the city.

How to use this new lingo in a sentence: We love the food tour we took of the Village and especially the cannoli from Rocco's!


The Village

Now my friends,

Our hustling, bustling, loud, bright and flashy neighborhood just revealed to us a small, quiet and delicious Szechuan Chinese restaurant.  If you are ever on 39th and 6th, pop into Lan Sheng for the tastiest meal north of Chinatown!  The tables were crowded with Chinese men and women (great sign), there were no forks and spoons on the table (only chopsticks) and we were brought a pot of hot tea instead of water (nice).  The food was great.  Chicken and broccoli and chicken with asparagus - simple, tender, and saucy - in a good way!  After our fortune cookies, we were brought 6 orange slices to cleanse our Szechuan palate.  And to make it just that much better, it was under $30.  Could this become a regular stop for us? Time will tell...


Lan Sheng during the witching hour - 8:00 pm

How to get there? : lanshengrestaurant.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages and comments!