About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

7.08.2011

Foods of NY: Greenwich Village

Greenwich Village is amazing.  It's winding streets remind me of the movies, of a moonlit night and a glass of pinot noir.  I want to twirl down the narrow streets, holding the hand of the one I love and eat a fresh french baguette.  Where am I?? Paris?!? The greatest city EVER?? Well, Greenwich is not quite Paris, but is pretty darn close.  The quaint streets are dotted with charming restaurants, the pizza has been perfected for years and the sweetest little off broadway theatre (Cherry Lane Theater..how sweet!) is right in the middle.

On Saturday, we went to explore Greenwich on a local Food Tour of NYC.  It. Was. Amazing. Not only did we go into the most divine cheese shop (cheese of the month club - oh yeah!), but had the tastiest cheese pizza, cannoli, homemade nutella, and cauliflower appetizer (yes! cauliflower...who knew??).  I highly recommend this tour.  Ours was given by Barri; however, I'm sure the other guides are equally as great.  Will we be going on another tour this summer? ABSOLUTELY!!

Do I love thee? Yes, I do!

Dad is a Joe's Pizza fan, too. 
It's impossible not to love the San Marzano tomatoes, the mozzarella cheese, the crispy thin crust, ohh the list goes on. I think I need some - now!

Murray's Cheese Shop - YUM!
Learn more about their cheese of the month club here:
www.murrayscheese.com

Milk and Cookies - hot, soft and ooey gooey
chocolate chip cookies! 
And they have homemade Oreo Cookies - I will be back!

The complete surprise - Palma.
Perfect french country in every way.  Oh la la! A romantic dinner in the garden or a lavish private dinner party in the cottage, Palma would be perfect.

Cauliflower, pinenuts, dates, onions
make for the MOST delicious dish!
Palma, you had me at Cauliflower :)

Risotto balls from Faicco's Italian Specialties-
lightly fried and oh so good

Take your own Food Tour! Sign up here: http://www.foodsofny.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages and comments!