About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

7.11.2011

happy belated 4th!!

Why is taking pictures of fireworks so difficult?? Evidence is here, see the pictures below. Fireworks setting - not so much success.

BUT, regardless of the lack of decent fireworks pictures, this 4th of July will be one to remember.  Living on 34th does have its advantages.  We were able to walk down a few (long, treacherous and tourist crazed) blocks to the Hudson River to view the Macy's Fireworks bonanza!! 

C found this great parking lot set up (forgot the name...) that had long picnic tables, beer and food and was right beside the Hudson - so, naturally, we settled right in. After enjoying microbrews (i love that nyc finds big-box domestic beer so lame) and eating pizza and tacos and korean bbq from the Kimchi food truck, we found a great spot on a bridge overlooking the Hudson right at 9:15.  After spreading out my vintage purple bath towel (circa 1997), we squished together and waited for the show to begin.

We saw not 1, not 2, but 6 firework shows all at once. There was nothing obstructing our view, all 6 barges along the Hudson were in clear sight (ahhh! amazing, right?).  The show was truly spectacular.  Each firework display was in perfect sync and showed off some of the most amazing fireworks I have ever seen.  

If we are ever in NYC for July 4th again, everything will be done in exactly the same way (it was that good!).  The food/beer lot we went to was under the High Line, beside these unique and colorful sculptures, and was right beside the Trapeze School of New York.  I am very interested...



Waiting for the fireworks show to begin!

Our fireworks picture (we tried)

The fireworks picture of someone who knows what they are doing...

3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh i want your life! i didn't see even a spark from a sparkler this 4th of july. bahhh! your evening sounds incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be going to bed tonight dreaming of YOUR Fourth of July! How memorable! And my husband, whose new hobbie is photography informed me that you must have a tripod to photograph fireworks...He explained it, but to be honest,I stopped listening after the word "tripod"!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!