About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

7.12.2011

city heat!

Walking on radiating heaters, and by that I mean the sidewalk, makes for a very HOT day.  Unless, of course, you are tucked away in the shade.  Sitting on a green, sturdy wooden bench donated by a man in dedication to a life of love with his daughters (how sweet!), I had several hours this morning to read under a shady tree in Central Park, watching the world stroll on by.

This morning was really unexpectedly pleasant.  I joined C for an early breakfast near Columbus Circle and walked with him to work.  I was invited to come along (in all fairness, it WAS the first time we ever thought of the idea!) while reading the morning news from the comfiness of my bed and stacked high pillows.  I popped right up, put on my hat and accompanied my man to work. Actually, I stopped about a block early from his building to find a comfy spot by the lake, where I would spend my morning studying (oops, I mean reading my kindle!).  I watched a toddler getting photographed in the cutest shirt and tie, a couple riding bikes and people, who most likely did not have a nice bed the night before, curl up to sleep on the grass.  The park welcomes all people with open arms.  It is peaceful, lush and green and puts smiles on people's faces (at least it did on mine!).  C and I decided to make breakfast together and strolls through the park on weekday mornings more regular, it was too nice to only let it happen once.

While it is easy to get caught up in the movement of the city, I stop and feel thankful for mornings like today.

Just where I was sitting!
Strawberries & Oatmeal - great start to the day


If only I had brought my bathing suit!
I love reading the dedications on each bench - many are so nice
it's huge!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages and comments!