About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

5.20.2013

The Crib Transition


We are trying to make the transition from Rock N Play (a bassinet of sorts) to crib.  It's so not as easy or as seamless as I wished for.  The bassinet keeps her snuggled and cozy and the crib...well, it's just so big and cavern-like.  After researching tips and tricks online, I settled on one that makes her crib look pretty high-tech.  We've stuffed pillows underneath to raise her mattress and rolled up two blankets under her sheets to create bolsters.  I know, I know - "do not put ANYTHING in the crib with your baby."  It's ok, we're watching her and she's yet to spend a full night in her crib. We're just tackling naps so far - and that's a struggle.  The bolsters and incline are helping but we can tell her naps are not as restful as they are in the bassinet. Friends last night suggested moving her from bassinet to crib when she's super drowsy and won't really notice a change - great idea! I think we might try that tonight.  In good news, baby girl is out of her swaddle! I feel like that's a major hurdle that we are over - thanks to LC and her desire to be a free woman! It is so cute, when she is in her crib, she sleeps with her arms fully extended (in a T shape)...I think she likes the new space, she just doesn't quite know how to handle it all just yet.

We had a rainy weekend here in Virginia, so we played a lot inside and LC got introduced to her Jumparoo!  She wasn't so sure at the beginning...but is starting to really like it! She spins around (not so much bouncing up and down) but thinks it's pretty cool to be standing on those feet.  She'll be visiting it today as she watches mommy organize her newborn and 0-3 month clothes for storage (ahhh oh my gosh).

The weekend starting off with a little date with her birthday twin friend!

Our first date night since LC was born.  It felt great to go out to dinner and enjoy some time together, just the two of us.

 Jump! Jump!

LC was practicing rolling from back to side on Saturday!

Our rigged crib...pre-bolster








1 comment:

  1. Greetings! I have a quick question about your blog! I'm Heather and my email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!