About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

5.01.2013

Body After Baby


I'm working on getting rid of this baby pooch - it's still hanging out waaaay to far.  I loved every minute of my pregnancy (seriously, I'm one of those weirdos who LOVED being pregnant!) and don't wish anything different.  However, I do wish I could take back a few of the brownies, muffins, cakes and pies sweet people brought us after LC was born.  I swear, that's where this pooch came from.  I ate healthy during my pregnancy but fell victim to my major sweet tooth in the crazy few weeks after she was born. Also, no one tells you how nursing makes you starving!

I've been trying a few different things to get my body moving again.  I have about 15 pounds I would like to lose and am trying it in a few ways.

1. Long walks with LC and Charlie (and the husband when he's home!)
2. Postpartum pilates
3. Barre 

I had my first Barre class last night at Lava Barre and really, really liked it! I felt like it was a great complement to pilates.  We used more weights and I felt muscles being worked and strengthened that pilates can miss.  I can't wait to start feeling stronger!  Hopefully these classes will also help strengthen my knees, which are weak and sore a lot of the time (ugh to bad knees!). I'm not looking for a rock solid body, just a more toned, post-baby me :) Here's to a new workout!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages and comments!