About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

5.13.2013

Tea Cups


Traditions have been started.  Isn't that one of the greatest joys of being a parent? You get to set up for your children what will become timeless traditions, stories that they will tell their children one day and things to look forward to each and every year.  My husband started one of those traditions on this very special FIRST Mother's Day for me :)  I've been wanting to start collecting tea cups for awhile but just haven't gotten started.  I want a dainty cup to sip out of, a cup that has a story and one that makes drinking tea an experience, a reason to stop and enjoy the little things in life. 

 LC got me my first tea cup this year.  The hubby thought this is a tradition that we could start (cue tears).  Every year, our children will pick out a tea cup for mother's day.  It could be one they choose, one they paint themselves, one that tells the story of a memory or a place we've been or one they think their mommy would like.  Once they are grown, I'll have a beautiful collection that tells the story of our lives.  Beautiful.  My husband I tell you...he's a keeper :)




2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. I love this idea so much! What a thoughtful Dad :) Also, Charlotte is looking so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! i saw the picture of the tea cup but absolutely love the tradition. go claibs!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!