About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

5.03.2013

A Little Help Along the Way

 

So we are three months in to this "raising a baby" thing.  And, so far, it's been pretty incredible.  It's been so different than I thought but filled with more joy and love that I could have imagined.  I've already said many times and thought even more, I cannot imagine doing this on my own.  Being a single parent must be one of the hardest things to do in the entire world.  My goodness, LC is not even on the move yet and I already feel like I need 8 arms to do it all (including a little help when the dog knocks me down while carrying LC and cleaning up his doody...ugh!).

When we first moved here, I was 8 weeks pregnant.  It was all so new and so exciting.  It still blows my mind to think that was my little LC in there - going through all these life changes with us.  I wonder if she liked that trip to Denver we took? Did she feel my happiness at Christmas? Did she enjoy that massage? Anyway, after living here for only a few weeks, I joined a first time moms group. We were all first time moms and all due within 2 months of each other. Amazing, right?!  I knew that I couldn't go at this adventure alone.  These girls have already been a huge rock for me and my little girl.  We went through our pregnancies together, our deliveries together and now the adventures of motherhood.  I've told the husband, big C (all of the people/fur babies in our house begin with C...hence LC...little C), that no matter where we each go in our lives, these women will have been through the most life changing moment with me.  It'll be the type of relationship where years down the road we can reconnect so easily, knowing we've been through this most vulnerable time together.  It's pretty special.  We all send numerous emails a day asking anything from "what books do I read to my baby?" to "why won't he take a nap?!"  It helps to know that help is out there.  That there are other women who are going the same thing, with the same joys and the same struggles, makes it all seem a little more manageable.

I'm proud of what I am doing, what we are doing.  I'm happier than I have ever been and I feel strong knowing that when I need it, I have a little help along the way from a really great group of moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages and comments!