About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

11.21.2011

Watch Out!

I bought a LivingSocial Adventure a few weeks ago called "Shootin' and Drinkin'" - hehe.  Of course shooting guns and drinking beer goes together....bah!  In recent years, I've really been interested in going to a shooting range and shoot different kinds of guns.  Now, reading that sentence couldn't possibly sound more UNlike me.  Surprise!! I wanted to try something new and why not learn how to shoot a handgun??  My guy and I went and had a blast (no pun intended...).

We got worlds fastest introduction to how the guns work and when it was time for questions - I was the ONLY one from a group of about 50 who asked a question.  Really?!? Was I the only novice?  Armed with earplugs, 50 bullets and a large outline of a "man" to shoot, we were ready to go.

Because it was freezing and I was shaking in my boots with nerves, I ended up dropping the magazine (the bullet holder that goes into the gun) with all my bullets onto to the side of the range where people were shooting (the firing line).  So, I had to get a helper with a long broom to swoosh it back to the safe side.  Even with a clumsy start, I had a great time.  We shot 22mm, 9mm handguns and automatic rifles. Let me just say - amazing stress relief! The only one I didn't really like was the 9mm.  It was too heavy with way too much kickback.  I felt like I could drop it by accident and start spraying bullets - yikes!

After shooting, we went to a beer tasting with the same crowd.  It was a great time - a new hobby perhaps?? Try something new, friends, as you never know what you might like!









2 comments:

  1. Bang bang! Way to try something new, Bev! Are you and Claibes going to shoot your own turkey for Thursday!? Hehehe. Matt's convinced that I need to learn how to "shoot" and this post just might have convinced me:) Love ya! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went shooting this weekend too! I was scared of it at first when I went to the range for the first time (I think the noise bothered me more than the actual gun) but now I love it! I feel safer knowing how to operate a gun if need be haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!