About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

11.12.2011

First day surprises

My first day back to school to begin setting up my classroom was here.  It was like being thrown back fast and hard into a world that I have come to know so well.  I know the challenges, the joys, the setbacks, the paperwork, the craziness and the happiness it can bring.  One day I was getting settled into my role as an Interventionist and the next day I was interviewing for a full time job.  It all happened so fast.  In hindsight, this whirlwind was just what I needed.  Any slower, my mind would have wandered too far and started asking too many questions.  My heart told me to do this - even though my mind was whirling with nervousness.

I have that first day of school smile and excitement - I was going back.


I came home that first day to the sweetest of surprises.  My sweet guy set up things that made this teacher smile ear to ear.  

First, a set of my favorite pens for grading, checking and giving lots of smiley faces :)


Second, apples for the teacher.


And third, beautiful tiger lilies that bloomed for weeks!


Thank you for helping me feel supported, loved and strong on my first day back and listening to me when I said...what on earth am I doing?? :) 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, those are such cute and simple little gifts!!! :) Congrats on successfully being a kindergarten teacher! That's a tough job but I'm sure you do it wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!