About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

11.06.2011

An Award!!



This is so very long overdue.  Again, major fail.  I was given this sweet award from a blog that I love following and have missed over the last month! Thank you so much Ashley from Everyday AEM for awarding me The Versatile Blogger Award!!  I always wondered how people were awarded such sweet accolades and I am more than excited that you chose Sweet City Love as a winner! I am simply thrilled that you have enjoyed reading my blog :) I hope that I haven't lost you or my other readers over my down spell. I thought finally writing about this award and passing it along to some of my favorite blogs would help me get out of my blog-rut from the last month!! Thank you, Ashley!!


If you get the award, these are the easy and fun steps you should follow: 

1. Thank the person who gave you the award.

2. Share 7 things about yourself.
1. I am a 5th year teacher.  I've taught Kindergarten for 3 years and 2nd grade for 2 years.
2. I have a corgi-husky mix who is so amazingly cute.
3. I have been married to my guy for three fantastic years!  We've been together for 12 years all together!
4. I went on a 2 month backpacking trip to Europe with my husband  and had the most amazing adventure (did I mention we quit our jobs to do this...?)
5. I want to have a house in the mountains.  We miss college in the Shenandoah Valley tremendously.
6. I love to read and become completely intertwined with a good book, thus making it hard for me to have meaningful conversations with real people or engage in, well, anything...
7.  My dream house will have a wood burning fireplace, a screened porch and pillows everywhere!

After my month hiatus...I am ready to discover and love so many new blogs!!
 Thank you to those below for creating fantastic, love to read, blogs :)
3. Pass this award on to up to 15 bloggers you have recently discovered and (love to follow).

1. Emily @ Life of Emily
3. Nicole @ Bloom
6. Whitney @ How Sweet It Is
8. Jessica @ Garden Patch


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! Your blog is so adorable and I am your newest follower! I am studying to be a teacher, specifically would love to teach K, 1st or 2nd. I would love to hear what you think about the grades that you have taught! Especially in comparison to 5th!
    Your dream house sounds amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bevin! Thanks for finding my blog. I'm so happy you liked the Pumpkin pound cake! I was just thinking how I need to make it again!

    My fiance and I also left out jobs to travel. We spent 5 wonderful/life-altering months in SE Asia. We just got back 2 months ago. I'm going back to school to get my teaching credentials. I plan on teaching high school bio. Kinda scary, but i'm so excited!

    I love your blog. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!