About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

11.22.2011

Top 5 Tuesday: Thanksgiving


I am linking up today with Rachel for the first time - it's Top 5 Tuesday! The theme this week is "favorite parts of Thanksgiving" which made me smile and excited for the kick-off to the BEST month ever!!

1. FOOD!
How could this not be everyone's number 1?? Where would Thanksgiving be without green bean casserole, corn pudding, stuffing, mashed potatoes and turkey?.  I always fill my plate so that food is spilling over the sides and then happily eat seconds - come on, it's Thanksgiving!


2. Family
Love anytime with the family - especially when it involves delicious food and wine. Excited to spend not one but two thanksgivings with my family and my husband's family.  Laughter and stories are the best medicine :)


3. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
I'm even more excited for the Parade (and dog show that follows...go corgis!) this year because we lived on 34th street this summer in NYC and overlooked the huge Macy's that sponsors the parade.  The parade is going right through our old neighborhood - yes! 


4. Relax, relax, relax
A 4 day weekend means sleeping in every day - a break from the 6am wake up! Two thanksgiving meals also means lots of naps in front of the fire.  And time for catching up on life and finally doing some reading:) If you need me, I'll be in this claw-footed soaking tub...


5. Christmas decorations!
Now, I'm not a huge holiday decorator.  You'll find pumpkins on our front stoop, and a few candles flickering, but I don't really get into over-the-top holiday decorating (even though I love to admire everyone else!).  However, I do LOVE all things Christmas! The tree, the ornaments, my nutcracker collection, the scented pine, the presents, the candles, the peppermint...it all makes my heart swoon :) I'll be bringing down things from the attic this weekend - helloooo Christmas!


Happy Thanksgiving Tuesday!! Tomorrow is a half-day at school and I'll be sending the little ones out in a hurry.  This turkey has some cooking to do!



2 comments:

  1. perfect list :)

    happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely right about Thanksgiving food! I only wish my family would make corn pudding on Thanksgiving! It's one of my top foods! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!


    Ashley
    everydayaem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!