About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

4.25.2013

Time to Shop...


I really don't like shopping.  I pretend I do, I dive into stores with fervor and then, inevitably, I leave tired, hungry and defeated.  It's just so not fun.  I wish I had the eye to dig through a sales rack and come out with the cutest clothes that fit and flatter my body (all at 70% off) but I never have that kind of luck.  I end up paying full price for something that I cringe about when I try it on at home (why doesn't it ever look as good as it did in the store?!).  Now that I have a little girl, my anxiety is in full swing.  Now not only do I need to shop for my post-baby body, but I also have the pressure of dressing my darling in the cutest baby clothes.  Major gulp!

When I was pregnant, I didn't have a ton of maternity clothes.  Many of my "regular" clothes fit until near the end of my pregnancy (besides pants...I was out of those at 17 weeks). In the end, I loved have a fixed wardrobe.  I could mix and match, throw on a new scarf over the same black top and voila, a new outfit.  I want that now.  I need that now.  I get paralyzed with decision and end up frustrated with "nothing to wear."

Now, back to my baby.  I found this monthly subscription called Wittlebee.  It's $39 a month and each month you get a box of super cute baby clothes! I pick three things and they pick three things to go into the box.  You mean, someone will pick out clothes for me and I don't have to pour over the racks and websites wondering why baby clothes are only a smidge less expensive than adult clothes?! I can pick the basics, I'm thrilled for someone else to package and send the fun pieces. I have high expectations of this going really well! I'm so excited for my first box to arrive!

Now, back to me :)  I found this website called Tog & Porter and am so interested! You set a budget and a stylist will meet with you over FaceTime and talk about what you need.  They will pull looks/outfits and send them to you (along with ideas on how to mix and match). You FaceTime again with your stylist when your box arrives, talk about the looks and then you keep what you like and send back what you don't.  Are you serious?! This sounds amazing!!!! And, while it's an investment all at once, I swear I would end up spending less than buying different pieces here and there (those small purchases add up so fast!).  I'll keep you posted...but I see myself working with a Tog & Porter stylist very soon!

And, because I love my baby girl more than anything - here is us celebrating her 12 week birthday yesterday!



 And here is LC at 1 week! Our baby girl has grown so much :)


1 comment:

  1. Bev-
    You are a classic beauty and always look great in whatever you're wearing! I remember thinking in college that could even make yoga pants and a polo look good! Excited to hear how Tog & Porter works out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!