About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

1.31.2012

Classy Crochet

I've tried my hand at several different needlework trades over the years - most recently cross-stitch and needlepoint.  I'm now ready to learn to learn the third needlework pioneer...crochet! My mom and I are starting a month long class that teaches the basics of crochet.  I love the idea of making a huge comfy blanket, an ornament or a scarf with my new skill.  It's like learning tennis, you just never know when someone might ask you to crochet with them over lunch...

This class is part of my New Year resolution - "Improve My Work-Life Balance."  School is a part of my life but is not my whole life (it's so easy to let it run everything!).  So, to keep up my resolution - Crochet 101!

Here are a few pinterest finds that make me excited about my class tonight!

I think those "sticks" are called hooks...I clearly have a lot to learn.






Wish me luck!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your messages and comments!