About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

2.19.2012

Thrifty 50mm!

I came to a sharp conclusion today that I must find an easier way to upload pictures to my blog.  Why do I have to go through 5 steps...ugh! It's such a drag to have to plug in my camera, download to iPhoto (which is SO slow), pull them off iPhoto onto my desktop, upload them to blogger (which takes forever) and then put them onto the blog.  It's a process that I do not ever look forward to.  

I decided to use this Sunday to find a solution.  We recently got a new lens, a 50mm, that we love.  The aperture goes down to a 1.8 and can take much sharper and clearer photos than the stock lens our DSLR came with.  We took a photo class a few weeks again and went to buy this lens immediately.  One of C's classmates referred to it as the "Thrifty 50" because it is only $110 and in lens world - that's ahhmazing!  I feel we are already able to get such better pictures and I can't wait to share them! 

Our trusty pup, Charlie, has been the subject of many photo sessions since we put on our new lens.  My mission today was to find a way to share these easily without the 10 step process mentioned above.   I think Picasa 3 is my answer.  Not only can I easily make really fun collages (see below!) but can also edit photos simply and upload them to blogger with a few clicks! I also experimented with adding some text on our Valentine's Day champagne below (how fancy!).  

Here is the best direct comparison I can find.  The new lens is life changing.  If you don't have one already, splurge on a 50mm lens for your DSLR!

Before:

After (Holy Moly!):




I focused the salt and blurred the pepper - go 50mm!  Look at those tiny flecks of salt on the table...what detail.  I'm in love.





I even edited out a little tear stain Charlie has acquired due to allergies...brilliant!

Here's to better pictures, a faster upload and more blogging! 

2 comments:

  1. i've been meaning to get the "nifty" 50 for a while now, too! did you order yours online? if so, can you direct me to where? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the cutest doggie! I couldn't focus on how awesome your shots were because I was stuck on him. Whoops!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!