About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

1.20.2012

The Ultimate Chocolate Pudding!

I went through a faze of loving those little jell-o pudding cups (made for toddlers...) and would eat one every day with my lunch.  At some point - weariness moved in and I wasn't able to look at one for awhile.  My eyes have recently been glancing back to the pudding in the grocery store...ready to go back.

When reading February's Real Simple, I stumbled across their "Ultimate Chocolate Pudding" recipe.  Once I looked through the ingredients and realized we had EVERY single thing in our pantry (seriously...how often does that happen?), I deemed it an omen and made it.  Feast your eyes - look at how delicious! It was insanely easy to make and is currently chilling in the fridge for the next two hours.  I know just from licking the spoon - it's going to be goooood.

 It will be the perfect dessert while watching our Friday night movie - Moneyball (anyone seen it?!).


Ingredients

Directions

  1. Set a fine-mesh sieve over a medium bowl. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt. Gradually whisk in the milk, then the egg yolks.
  2. Cook the milk mixture over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened to the consistency of mayonnaise, 7 to 8 minutes. Continue to cook, whisking, for 1 minute more. Remove from heat and pour through the sieve into the bowl, pushing the mixture through gently with a rubber spatula or spoon. Add the butter and chocolate and stir until melted. Mix in the vanilla.
  3. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 2 days. Before serving, gently stir the pudding to loosen it. Serve with the whipped cream.
Enjoy!! 



1 comment:

  1. I have such a sweet tooth after EVERY meal! This looks so tasty I think I'll need to try it.

    Glad I stumbled upon your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!