About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

2.20.2012

Let the sun shine!



I love how sometimes you run across the right words at just the right time.  I was reading Dorothy's blog, ...goodbye, yellow brick road, today and saw an amazing link-up that I joined right away.  Dorothy's words were SO good - here they are:

today, i am committing to self-love. i whole-heartedly believe it's only when we truly love ourselves that we are then able to exude positive energy outward... and rather than searching externally to fill that deficiency - we have to first direct our focus inward. by no means am i claiming to be a yogi or saint, though. god only knows i've made my share of mistakes, while i've accepted they will not be the last on my journey moving forward...

“love yourself. accept yourself. forgive yourself. and be good to yourself... because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.” leo f. buscaglia

as with any young adult growing into their own skin, i was confronted with many challenges in regard to who i was, who i wanted to be, and who i was developing into. and it's only been within the last 4-5 years that i've been able to really embrace my shortcomings and appreciate my strengths, that a sense of peace with myself has naturally surfaced enabling me to spiritually grow and develop a more compassionate love for myself and others.

kind gestures help me sustain health in my heart, while gentle thoughts allow love for my outward body... and it's only natural that this self-love commitment is a move toward my next stepping stone to include regular exercise for the mind. for the next 30 days, starting february 15th, i am joining forces with a group of women where we will work together to encourage, inspire and motivate one another to achieve success in reserving the space and time - on good days and bad - to rejuvenate our minds with exercise.

i invite and encourage you to link up; and join us :) there are no rules, only goals. i will follow up at the end of my 30 days. aum.



Taking time everyday to reflect, to find strength, to embrace shortcomings and to learn how to inspire and motivate myself and others are all so purposeful and meaningful in my life.  I hope these words spoke to you, too, and have to wanting to connect with other women to share these goals. Visit Dorothy today and link-up!





2 comments:

  1. love, love, love! i highly encourage you to join our facebook group at the link above, bevin :) a very spiritually uplifting community of supportive souls. whether you choose to engage in the dialogue is entirely up to you... but the resource is there! good luck..! not that i believe in it.

    ‎"i choose... to live by choice, not by chance; to make changes not excuses; to be motivated; not manipulated; to be useful; not used; to excel, not compete. i choose self-esteem, not self pity. i choose to listen to my inner voice, not the random opinion of others...."


    dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  2. so..? just seeing if you made it a great day today :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!