About Me

My photo
I am a happily married new mom who loves exploring, creating new adventures and loving on my sweet daughter. I am a K-2 teacher who is now staying at home with my little one! Welcome as I explore all things a part of my sweet city love!
Powered by Blogger.

7.20.2012

The Sweetest Story Starts Now


I am so ready to share and embrace this wonderful new journey we are starting on!  It has been 12 memorable weeks and a wild journey that has had me in disbelief, acting like a nervous nelly and excited beyond words.  We are expecting our first precious little baby in January!  Whew that felt great!  Everything I read, from blogs to books, shares without question that every woman's pregnancy is different.  Every emotion is different from one person to the next and this journey is what makes us who we are.  

Four months ago, as our littlest angel was just a hopeful thought, I planned for the moment we would see a positive on that little stick. I expected myself to be overjoyed, even needing to be held back as I tried to shout it from the rooftops for all to hear!  How does excited even begin to describe life's most precious gift? I would tell the people at the bank, the dry cleaners, whistle my news to strangers on the street and sing sweet lullabies as I drifted off to sleep (maybe...)!  

When we found out we were pregnant (that story I will share one day), I was surprisingly shocked.  We had been wanting this moment to happen, we had been hoping and dreaming about starting a family and now, ohmygosh, it was here.  But, really, now it had actually happened to us?! We felt blessed beyond belief but, as we saw that faint (very faint) little line, we simply stared at each other for awhile and just blinked - did we yell, cry, dance, embrace? Well, no. We did none of those things - we just stared, smiled and blinked big blinks.  

These last 12 weeks have been me doing a lot of staring, smiling and blinking.  We were overjoyed to share with our families and their happiness made me so happy.  But to others, I was tight lipped.  I really surprised myself at my tentativeness!  I wanted to hold our news close to our hearts.  I can't explain it and I'm not sure I could put it into words but I do know that holding our news close kept me and my precious gift feeling safe and secure.  I've tried to be as healthy as I can be (while of course indulging in the all too often pizza...) and haven't been sick at all.  I've just been trying to keep our newest little love happy, healthy and secure.  Now that we're ending our first trimester (already?!) and we've started to share our news, family and friends have been so supportive and happy for us.  And their joy for us makes me, C and our little one feel so loved.

We've heard the heartbeat twice and have had two ultrasounds - the most recent had him/her jumping like the cutest little bean! He/she is the most special part of me now.  We are one and I'm more connected now than I thought I would ever be. And, I feel ready, world, to shout it from the rooftops!!!

I'll be sharing and updating frequently - I want our journey to be one I can come back to and reflect upon.  <3

A beautiful quote that I found that I felt so much truth behind.  This newest baby has such hope for the future - a plan that I cannot wait to unfold and discover.



2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post and SUCH SWEET NEWS! I'm so excited for you and Claibes:) And of course I'm looking forward to all the updates to come! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEST NEWS EVER!!!!! We love you THREE!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your messages and comments!